Wednesday, July 8


My day.

In case you missed my adventures with ladder climbing and animal rescuing, here's the story.

I'm feeling okay today. The shock has finally worn off. Last night while laying in bed, I kept thinking about all the much, much worse things that could have happened when I fell and it gave me the willies. Big time. I'm really lucky I didn't hurt Rocky while I was trying to rescue him. That would have probably made me feel worse than my own injuries.

The scrape, or rather, the tree rash on my face is not pretty. But there doesn't seem to be anymore bruising. I was a little worried I might wake up with a black and blue face. But no, just red and purple like yesterday. My jaw area is nice and swollen though. Hence, the ice every few hours. I have chipmunk cheek on one side.

This morning I did find a lot more bruises. I don't know how I hit some many different parts of my body. It's weird how our minds block out the details of an accident. One minute I was up, the next minute I was hanging over the fence and I have no idea how it happened. We were looking at the scene of the accident this afternoon and decided that had I not hit my face on the tree, I might have flipped over the fence which probably would have been worse. Of course if the tree hadn't been there, I never would have been climbing in the first place. These things just don't matter, do they?

I didn't really think I needed a doctor, but I ended up going this morning anyway. I decided that an infection on my face would not be a good thing. Nor some sort of retroactive jaw issue. The doctor did actually check my jaw and neck and found everything to be reasonably okay. My jaw is really sore, like I've been chewing gum for way too long, but it doesn't *hurt*, if that makes sense. And he gave me a topical antibiotic ointment for my face wound. He also told me that Neosporin is worthless, meanwhile my nurse friend told me it would work just fine. (Nurse friend should really move to Santa Fe so I can just go see her about these things!) Nonetheless I doled out the forty bucks for the prescription. Here's hoping it kicks in soon.

We also got our new refrigerator today. It's a vast improvement over our ancient one. I can't wait to pack it with all my Polaroid film!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.